Ke Kula Niihau O Kekaha seeks to fill the following positions:
TEACHER: Science, Language Arts, Elective for secondary grades 6-12
Rooted in aloha (love) of: spirituality, family, language, knowledge, land, and one another
Develops curriculum, assessment, and instruction for multigrade levels (6-12)
Provides instruction to students face-to-face using developed or provided curriculum material
Monitor student progress and communicate with students and parents on a regular basis
Strives to meet all learning outcomes
Participates in all school wide events
Is experienced in student discipline and redirection
Able to differentiate planning and instruction to meet student needs
Guide students and their ohana through schoolwide expectations both culturally and academically
All employees of the KKNOK school community MUST strive to model the highest levels of professionalism rooted in the schoolʻs vision and mission, punctuality, communication, honesty, appearance, and respect -- in and out of school.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge:
· Valid Hawaii Teacher License (HTSB) with grades 6-12 endorsed in specific subject matter.
· Highly Qualified Teacher (HQT) Certificate
· Prior relevant teaching experience, highly recommended.
· Fluency in Olelo Niihau/Olelo Hawaii
· Experience with teaching in a bilingual setting
· Experience with teaching in a multigrade setting
· Prior teaching experience in specified subject matter
· Hawaii State Standards
· Versed in classroom management techniques
· Knowledge of common academic, social, behavioral and developmental needs of students.
· Ability to implement effective classroom management strategies and techniques
· Critical thinking
· High work standards
· Takes initiative
All KKNOK employees Must be ethical and honest. Must have excellent interpersonal, organizational, time management, follow-through, and oral and written communication skills. Must be extremely flexible and able to work independently.
Must be knowledgeable and comfortable working with a variety of technology and software programs and be able to acquire additional skills for use of software, databases or other information systems as necessary.
Must be able to meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as: meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating resources in an effective and timely manner, and demonstrating respect for others. Must be able to successfully analyze information, manage complexity, report results, enter data, and observe school vision, mission and policies as well as state and federal laws with attention to detail, confidentiality, and thoroughness. Must accept responsibility and be self-motivated. Must maintain a high level of confidentiality with regard to employees, students and parents and work effectively with school staff, school partners, other personnel, and the general public.
· We are a State of Hawaii Public Charter School and all state benefits apply:
· EUTF – Employers Union Trust Fund (medical)
· ERS – Early Retirement System (retirement)
· State/Federal Holidays
· Personal/Sick Leave
Application Deadline: June 28, 2022 or until filled